Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Finally, a summer update


Sorry, I have been completely MIA recently. This summer has been amazing, but incredibly busy. Part of the reason that I didn’t update for all of July was because I was on 4 retreats with Lighthouse! So basically all that I brought with me to knit was baby yarn to make baby has to donate to a local hospital. I made about 5 while I was there—not a ton, but it works. I have a pattern that I use for those that I got from Knitty Gritty when it used to show on the DIY network . At this point I have it memorized, so I can always make those when I am lacking inspiration or I just don’t want to think about what I am knitting.

I will say though that recently I haven’t had any lacking inspiration, which is great, but I just wish that I had more time! I am currently working on a snookie, or a cover for my nook. I also just finished knitting the body of a new grocery bag bag, but I want to line it with some canvas. That’s not a big deal except for that my sewing machine is in Athens… great move, Casey! So I will have to get that before I can finish it. So yes, the inspiration is not lacking at all, just the time to put it to good use.

I am really hoping to have some more free time once school starts back. I would love to get some things made to put on Etsy and so that I can be in some craft sales this Fall. I say that almost every year, but I am really hoping to make it happen this year.

Alright, well I need to get going. The picture at the beginning is of a baby hat that I made. I often times vary the color and then the eyelets as well.. this is the link to the video of the show. Sadly, I can’t seem to find the pattern anywhere, but I have a copy on my computer if anyone wants it. Hope everything is going great for everyone. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment