Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Fall Festivals, Football, and Frustrations

I think I have reached a point in my life where I am actually doing too much. I know that college is supposed to be this way, but I don’t think my body was made for it. I miss relaxing. One day. And until that day, Coffee!

Knitting has been going well. Oktoberfest wasn’t a huge success, but it was a great learning experience, and I did sell some things. I think the greatest lesson I learned is that people are not ready for knit garments in the beginning of October. That figures! I guess maybe the common sense things are easily overlooked. Another lesson: while a fall festival can be a great time to have a craft sale, it is difficult to have tons of success when the craft sale is the only thing inside. And the last lesson: knit for the market! In other words, who are the people shopping in a lovely fall Saturday at a church fall festival? Probably not trendy, slouchy-hat-wearing college students. Hey, at least I learned some things and had some thoughts before the next one.

So this Saturday is the Watkinsville Fall Festival. There are all things that a usual fall festival would have as well as a craft sale of over 200 vendors. I can’t wait to go and see the different vendors… to go and get to shop and see what people have for sale and to see prices and just being outside on a lovely Fall day! The problem: Football game at 12:00. Football, could you BE more in the MIDDLE of the day? Ugh. Don’t get me wrong, I am all for football. However, I am not very happy that it is taking up my ENTIRE Saturday. Again. These 12:00 games have got to stop. The fair starts at 9:00 and goes to 6:00… and to get a good seat at the game I need to be at the stadium by 10:00. The game will last for lots of hours. Then I leave, make the trek back to the car, and battle traffic. Yes, it is definitely do-able to make it to both, but hooray for another hectic Saturday. Whatever the case, I am excited for a good Saturday.

And for the frustrations.. I need a better camera and a model/another person. No really, see the evidence. Until this happens, I will not be ready to compete. Thankfully, I have some great friends who have offered to help out, so something will get up there sometime soon. However, I know that if I plan on getting anywhere with selling on Etsy that I am going to need to buy a better camera. Time will tell. But to any really, really good friends/family who are reading this, I need a good camera for Christmas. Oh and a trip to Wizarding World would be great too…

Well, I need to go bet back on top of my ever looming pile of work. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment